- 1 litre of water
- 100 grams of white rice (raw or in flakes)
- 50 grams of of hazelnuts, or any other nuts
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar, agave syrup or honey
- A pinch of salt
- Fill the container with a litre of hot water, between 60-70ºC.
- Add all of the ingredients to the filtering glass.
- Mix it with the mixer for approximately a minute and a half and afterwards, let it all rest for 5 minutes.
- Raise the filter and strain the pulp gently, using the mortar, without pressing too hard on the filter.
There are 2 reasons why we use hot water in this recipe
Hot water improves the texture of any cereal based drink (oats, rice, spelt).
If we use nuts that are hard, like hazelnuts or almonds, hot water will help soften them.
- Keep the pulp to cook with it later, it´s perfect to make veggie-burgers.
- When you´ve used whole rice don´t recycle the pulp because the husk is difficult to digest.
- To make a rice drink without nuts, we recommend using a lemon peel and a bit of cinnamon to add flavour. Even though rice drink is digestive, it is quite light. So, if we want to thicken it, we can use natural thickeners like oil, nuts, chia…
- When using raw rice, it must be soaked overnight. Afterwards, strain the water from the rice before continuing to make the drink.