- A litre of water (room temperature)
- 1 cup (150 grams) of walnuts
- ¼ of an orange peel
- 1 tablespoon of powdered cocoa or 1 ½ tablespoon of carob
- 1 ½ tablespoon of cane sugar or 20 ml of agave syrup or honey.
- Fill the Chufamix container with a litre of natural water
- Put all of the ingredients into the filtering glass.
- Mix it all for approximately a minute and a half.
- Raise the filtering glass, and then stir it with a wooden spoon until you can see the pulp. Then using the mortar, carefully squeeze out the last drops.
- As walnuts are oily and soft, the water temperature isn´t important. Room-temperature water is enough.
- You can also use hot water but it´s not necessary.
- Adding sweetener isn´t necessary, but you can if you have a sweet tooth. In most of the recipes, adding sweetener helps strengthen the flavour and also acts as a natural preservative. For those who don’t love sweet things, you can add smaller amounts of sweeteners, or use fruits as a substitute.
- When it´s time to strain, the pulp is very thick, so stirring it with a wooden spoon before squeezing helps the process along.
- The pulp is really tasty and it is perfect to make desserts with. The easiest way is to add more cocoa to turn it into a chocolate cream.
- You can make the drink using only walnuts, without cocoa or orange peel, and it is also very good. Make sure that the walnuts are not rotten beforehand!