It is very easy to improve an oat milk with properties of other plants.
Instead of using hot water, you can use a herbal infusion . Today we have tried to do it with berries.
Ingredients for making the tea:
- 1 liter of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of dry berries
Ingredients to make the milk:
- 1 liter of tea
- 50 grams of oats
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup or honey.
- 1 pich of salt (optional).
- Make the tea as you usually do. After that put the tea into the chufamix container.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the filtering glass and blend for about 1 minute.
- Finally separe the filtering glass from the container and strain the milk with the mortar.
All cereal milks should always be made with hot water (70ºC). It´s a simple trick to get a dense and tasty milk.
Tips and alternatives
- You can apply the same trick to all cereal milks; rice, spelt…
- You can use other herbs depending on your nutritional necesities or tastes.
- When using berries, it´s difficult to recycle the pulp for cooking. When using other herbs, the remaining pulp can be eaten, as long as they´re eatible! En el caso de otras hierbas, no hay problema, siempre que sean comestibles, claro.
- The best way to add herbs is by collecting them ourselves from the forest. If you can´t, try to find local and ecologic varieties. Some local herbs are easy to plant at home, so you could harvest them yourselves in your garden!
In this link we have provided a nice picture of medicinal herbs and some advice on how to use them.