Lactose intolerant and vegan people can use almond milk instead of dairy milk to make mashed potato. Look, it´s really easy and delicious !
- 2 tablespoon of organic sunflower oil.
- 4 steamed or boiled potatos
- ½ liter of almond milk (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon of tahin (sésam paste)
- a pinch of pepper and salt
- It´s very important to cook this puré at mid heat.
- Firstly put the oil in the pan and when it´s warm add the almond milk.
- When the mixture is warm, add the potatoes and crush them with a wooden spoon or fork.
- In 5 minutes you will see that the mixture has a mashed texture. At this moment, season with pepper and salt, and finally add the tahín. Take it off the stove, mix well and if it´s quite runny, heat it up again for 2 minutes.
The almond milk gives a very special flavour to this delicious puré.
Tips and alternatives
- If you are not vegan, you can use butter instead of oil.
- You can also use other herbs like ginger, or cumin.. but be careful not to overpower the almond´s flavour.
You have more recipes in the free downloud Recipe Book about veggie milks and howe to cooking with their pulps.
Have a nice day and be healthy!