This recipe is dedicated to the South American people and especially to the town of Chuao in Venezuela because they have inspired us with their local ingredients; rice, merey, cane sugar and cinnamon.
- 100 gr of white rice (soaked overnight)
- 50 gr of cashews
- 25 gr of cocoa.
- 2 tablespoons of organic cane sugar.
- A pinch of cinammon
- A strip of lemon or lime peel
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Let the rice soak overnight so that it becomes blander and more digestible.
- The next day, put half a litre of hot water (60-80ºC) into the chufamix container and add the filtering glass with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend the mixture using the hand blender for 1-2 minutes.
- Afterwards, add the other half litre of water, this time it doesnt have to be hot water because the main extraction has already been done. Mix for another 30 seconds or so.
- Strain the pulp from the milk using the mortar carefully not to break the filtering mesh.
- If you have time, it´s better to leave it marinating for 15 mins or so before strainig. In this short amount of time, it improves the flavour of the all natural milks. Keep it in the fridge overnight to intensify the flavours even more.
Because one of the ingredientes is a cereal (rice), you must extract it’s substances using hot water. That why the first 1/2 litre of water has to be between 60-80º C.
But once you have done this process it’s not necessary to use hot water again.
Tips and alternatives
- If you don’t have cashews you can substitute them with almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts or any other type of nuts.
- Sugar is can also be substitute with a tablespoon of honey or syrup.
- The milk can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days. Each day the flavour will intensify.
The hardest thing in this case is not drinking it all on the day you make it because it is delicious and irresistible.
A latin delight !!