1 litre of water
100 grams of whole hemp seeds (not shelled)
25gr of dried mango
1 teaspoon of Syrup
a pinch of salt
Hemp is a small seed , so you must prepare the drink with half a liter of water (2 cups), to squeeze the seed better. After finishing the blending process you must add more water. Let´s go:
- Soak whole hemp seeds at least for 2 hours or overnight.
- Next morning, remove the soaking water.
- Fill the Chufamix container with 2 cups of water (half a litre), put all of the ingredients in the filtering glass and soak for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, blend them. If the seed doesn´t break you must use the “turbo” position on your hand blender.
- Finally, add 2 cups more of water and blend again for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pulp and strain the milk with the mortar.
If you soak the seed for at least 2 hours you can make the milk using room temperature water. But if you don´t soak the seed before, you must use hot water (60ºC).
In any case, the half liter of water that is added to the mixture at the end of the process can be room temperature.
Tips and Alternatives
- Dates, organic sugar or honey can be used as a sweetener.
- Fresh mint leaf, lemon peel, ginger can be used as natural flavoring. You must add them at the same time as the rest of the ingredients.
- If you have used whole hemp seeds, this pulp can´t be recycled for other recipes, but you can use it for compost and it´s also very good for chicken feed.
Below you have some helpful links to buy quality hemp seeds.
And remember that there is always the option of planting a seed in the garden !